We have acquired a stock of excellent, all natural Beryl stones, including:
Aquamarine natural pillar shaped pendants (seen top right);
Aquamarine high quality faceted transparent gempendants (seen middle right);
Emerald rough pendants (bottom right) which are a very affordable way to wear real untreated Emerald!
We also have higher quality Emerald from Ethiopia in stock.
Also Morganite (Pink Beryl) in both rough and faceted gem transparent quality pendants (further below).
Beryls – stones containing Beryllium – are very important stones in Daoist Chinese Medicine. Beryls grow as natural pillars, connected to their internal power to strengthen and stabilize the entire human energetic system.
Beryls are of central importance in Daoist longevity and anti-aging, because they are seen to collect and consolidate the Jing (core vital life essence) in the human body, which normally dissipates as one ages; the wearing of natural Beryl, or use of Beryl elixirs, is a key Daoist longevity method, useful for everyone as they pass middle age.
As described in our live courses, Beryls are also very important stones in terms of their use at all three stages of a Daoist Internal Alchemy process, where they help to stabilize core improvements to a person’s energy and awareness.
Interestingly, Beryls have been found in modern scientific research to have literal hyperdimensional aspects, as described later in this section.
The general public does not know what Beryls are, or what energetic effects they have, but they usually know the names of some key types of Beryl:
Aquamarine is Blue-Green Beryl.
Emerald is Green Beryl.
Morganite is Pink Beryl.
Each of these carries the power of Beryl, with added vibrational powers related to its visible color (and of the minerals which create these colors in their internal matrix).
All of these are powerful stones, unfortunately a huge percentage of colored Beryls are today given massive amounts of artificial treatments to change or deepen their color to make them more commercially valuable: these treatments include nuclear irradiation, heating in ovens, artificial dyes, oiling and fracture filling, etc.
These treatments make them worthless for vibrational applications, or even vibrationally detrimental to wear or use.
At the Vesica Institute we vibrationally test a huge number of these Beryls, and only stock those which are untreated and have full vibrational power; we reject over 90% of the Beryls we test.
(Note: Phenakite is also a type of Beryl, but with a different internal structure than the stones listed above and with different uses — see the separate section on Phenakite.)
- Rudolf Steiner’s research indicated that Beryl supports the structure and function of Kidneys and Heart. It is used in Anthroposophical Medicine as a potentized homeopathic remedy.
- In Chinese Stone Medicine, the Beryls are so important that they are known as “Jing Shi”, meaning the “Essential Stone.” They are also known as “Zhu Shi” or “Pillar Stone” because they literally grow as hexagonal pillars; this shows their nature as solid and stable supports for self-manifestation. Beryls help support the key energy channel which runs up the spine, known as the Du Meridian in Chinese Medicine. They also help energy to descend into the lower abdomen, which has very important health benefits.
- Beryl supports the conservation of Essence in the body, making it very important for people as they age.
- This power of Beryl to consolidate Essence also makes it a key stone in Daoist Alchemical self-transformation.
- In the first stage, Beryl helps to initiate the process of self-awareness and provides a solid foundation during internal transformations.
- In the second stage, Beryl helps us to preserve the parts of our inner life we want to keep while purifying out the parts we need to let go of (other stones are added to help during purification, such as Aventurine — which removes all 6 types of energy blockages — and Jaspers.)
- At the last stage, Beryl provides strength and solidity in presenting our transformed self to the world.
- Beryls are used for support repair to DNA and constitutional issues; Beryl is considered in DCM to be the link back to our constitution.
- Many people think of Aquamarine as being Blue, but in reality the majority of it is Blue-Green, with a color like ocean water (hence the name “Aqua-Marine”. Most strongly Blue color Aquamarine has been artificially heated to remove the green tint; however this destroys many of the vibrational qualities and powers of real Aquamarine. Natural strongly blue Aquamarine is relatively rare, and greatly prized.
- Beryls a very important stone due to its ability to move protective energy in the body up to the surface level at the skin (the “Wei Chi” layer); for this reason it is sometimes considered in Daoist Chinese Medicine to help people who are extremely hypersensitive to their environment. Beryls worn on the body, placed on key energy centers during treatments, placed in the living environment, or given as an elixir, should be tested to see if it helps persons with electro-sensitivity or other environmental sensitivities.
- Aquamarine is used in Daoist Chinese Medicine to help support the Endocrine system, especially hormones in conjunction with the Thyroid, Lungs, and Kidney (reproductive organs). For Adrenal exhaustion, Aquamarine is sometimes combined with Dolomite or Nephrite Jade. Aquamarine is considered in DCM to be a good adjunct to Jasper (Aventurine, such as Green Aventurine) for helping the body clear toxic accumulations.
BERYL STONES IN THE NEWS: QUANTUM TUNNELING
On April 22, 2016 the article “New State of Water Molecule Discovered” by Ron Walli was posted online on https://phys.org/news/2016-04-state-molecule.html
The article was based on the research report: Quantum Tunneling of Water in Beryl: A New State of the Water Molecule which appeared in Physics Review Letters, online at journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.167802
Some excerpts from the Ron Walli article are below.
ORNL researchers discovered that water in beryl displays some unique and unexpected characteristics. Neutron scattering and computational modeling have revealed unique and unexpected behavior of water molecules under extreme confinement that is unmatched by any known gas, liquid or solid states.
In a paper published in Physical Review Letters, researchers at the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory describe a new tunneling state of water molecules confined in hexagonal ultra-small channels – 5 angstrom across – of the mineral beryl…
“At low temperatures, this tunneling water exhibits quantum motion through the separating potential walls, which is forbidden in the classical world,” said lead author Alexander Kolesnikov of ORNL’s Chemical and Engineering Materials Division. “This means that the oxygen and hydrogen atoms of the water molecule are ‘delocalized’ and therefore simultaneously present in all six symmetrically equivalent positions in the channel at the same time. It’s one of those phenomena that only occur in quantum mechanics and has no parallel in our everyday experience.”…
“This discovery represents a new fundamental understanding of the behavior of water and the way water utilizes energy,” Anovitz said. “It’s also interesting to think that those water molecules in your aquamarine or emerald ring – blue and green varieties of beryl – are undergoing the same quantum tunneling we’ve seen in our experiments.”
While previous studies have observed tunneling of atomic hydrogen in other systems, the ORNL discovery that water exhibits such tunneling behavior is unprecedented. The neutron scattering and computational chemistry experiments showed that, in the tunneling state, the water molecules are delocalized around a ring so the water molecule assumes an unusual double top-like shape.
“The average kinetic energy of the water protons directly obtained from the neutron experiment is a measure of their motion at almost absolute zero temperature and is about 30 percent less than it is in bulk liquid or solid water,” Kolesnikov said. “This is in complete disagreement with accepted models based on the energies of its vibrational modes.” First principle simulations made by Narayani Choudhury of Lake Washington Institute of Technology and University of Washington-Bothell showed that the tunneling behavior is coupled to the vibrational dynamics of the beryl structure.
For more information on a wide range of practical Vibrational applications with Stones, see our Vesica Institute Online Trainings:
How to use Crystals and Gemstones
Minerals and Crystals for Times of Stress
All Vesica online trainings, including our Vibrational Science of Stones trainings, are purchased and delivered on our educational site Vesica.org.
All Vibrational Mineral and Crystal products may be purchased on PurCrystal.com.